Jones Lumber Company was started in 1928 by William Haydn Jones, a hardworking Welshman from Van Wert Ohio. The company was previously known as The Jones Lumber & Coal Company as coal was in great demand. In the late 1950s the name was amended to have “coal” removed from it.
In 1986 Evan Jones, who is a 3rd generation member and sole owner of the business, decided to emphasize the millwork side of the business. The company name was changed to Jones Lumber & Millwork Co.
In the 88 years of the Jones family leadership, the company has provided lumber and millwork of superior quality throughout the state of Ohio. Our proud family owned and operated business has been providing quality lumber and superior millwork.